. brightmeadowknits: Roman Holiday

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Roman Holiday

I'm writing about Rome on my bicycle blog and my kitchen garden blog. I am curious about knitting in Rome. A fellow blogger, an American who has moved to Italy, writes about her experience here. I also found a blogger near Rome who is a spinner. Meanwhile, I found this free pattern from
I've also found two knitting stitch patterns named for Rome. The first is Roman Stitch. This would be an easy stitch to program for the garter carriage on the knitting machine, as it is simply a combination of knits and purls. The second is Roman Stripes stitch. I am afraid this would not be so easy, because it is not only lace, but also the handknitting instructions call for knitting two rows, essentially a garter stitch row. You can't easily do lace with the g-carriage, and you can't easily do garter with a lace carriage. Maybe it could be done on a Passap, I don't know.

No comments: