. brightmeadowknits: Monroe DesignaKnit Seminar

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Monroe DesignaKnit Seminar

Here in Monroe this weekend with Charlene Shafer, learning about DesignaKnit.  Due to a miscommunication, I ended up uninstalling DK7 from my old computer.  I am waiting for Knitcraft to open to get the key back to reinstall it!   So I will just watch the class instead of participating, at least this morning. (Update: one of my fellow students pointed out that as long as I put the CD in the drive, I don't need the key -- the key is just for installing the software without needing the "key" disk.)

Last weekend I found a Craigslist posting, for an estate sale.  I rescued 5 machines from going to the landfill at a very reasonable price.  Of course they will all need cleaning and replacement parts and new sponge bars, but I hope to have some of them working very soon.  

The booty also included back issues of News and Views from the 70's and 80's.  I opened up one to find Julie Esterlin's face looking me, and she is across the room from me at this workshop.  There is a wealth of information in these back issues.  Techniques and patterns.

So now I have added to my inventory.  I really need to take stock, with the last 10 machines I really don't know much about them yet.  Lots to explore!

As usual, Charlene's presentation is very informative.  The new crafty ideas has some really nice pieces she showed us yesterday.


No comments: