. brightmeadowknits: Versailles pattern - Manos del Uruguay

Friday, October 16, 2020

Versailles pattern - Manos del Uruguay

 Last week I shared with you my process for turning a graphic into a design.  I have taken the next steps and actually punched a punchcard. 


I also loaded Design-A-Knit 8 onto the desktop computer that I typically use for my blog posts.  I have to leave the CD in the drive as that is their copy protection mechanism, and I had the permanent install on my ancient laptop downstairs.  So I spent a couple of hours re-acquainting myself with DAK. 

I think I have a knittable fairisle design for a hat.    I will start knitting at the crown, knit the fairisle portion, then when I get to the vertical stripes I will turn down the tension by two notches, knit half the rows, do a EON transfer for a picot edge, knit the remainder of the stripes, turn the tension back to the original, then knit the hat lining.  Bind off, gather the ends, and sew the seam.  We'll see how it goes.  


If you follow my other blogs, you know that I sets myself a challenge to plan and execute a bike ride through each of the cities and villages in Ohio that are named after European cities, a Grand Tour of Ohio roads.   The last ride was Versailles.  

I looked for a Versailles knitting pattern and struck gold.  I found that Manos de Uruguay has released  their back library of hand knitting patterns, including a sweater pattern named Versailles.  I'll need to convert it for machine, but I think it is doable.  Click the link to their site to download the pattern. 





I also found a lovely lace shawl pattern named Versailles on Ravelry, but it is not free.  


No comments: