. brightmeadowknits: Blanket square

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Blanket square

I was invited to participate in a blanket project for a friend of a friend with cancer. Sort of a "blanket of caring". I've completed my square in "Dancing Ladies" pattern - it shows that life is a dance, and, we are all connected. I decided, since it is fairaisle, that it might be best to also do a facing square. Here they are:













I'll post more details later after the blanket is completed and presented, as it is a surprise for the recipient.

The navy is Solara acrylic - 2 strands of 2/24 (Deep Indigo) - from Atlantic Spinnery, and the pink is Cashmilon from Aurora Yarns - in Rose (1 strand).

I got 8 stitches to the inch in fairaisle at tension 7 on the KH864, so 64 stitches was exactly 8 inches, and I knit 77 rows to arrive at 8 inches tall. I think this is my very favorite machine.

No comments: