. brightmeadowknits: Happy New Year!

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy New Year!

To all of my followers, friends and family I wish a cozy New Year filled with warmth and good cheer.  I'm trying to incorporate more "hygge" (Danish word meaning natural, cozy and filled with knitted items and candles) or "Gemütlichkeit" (German word meaning almost the same thing,) Wikipedia defines it as coziness, peace of mind, and a sense of belonging and well-being springing from social acceptance.

My township has announced a "Sit and Stitch" group on the first Tuesday of every month.  I went today, only to find that township offices are still closed for the holidays.  I guess they will start next month! 

I am working on pattern "Left Wheel" in a handknitted version.  It is a chunky yarn.  I'm using Plymouth Colorspun Chunky, which has been discontinued in my colors.  I was able to find a few more skeins in a coordinating colorway.  It is my intention to knit a similar sweater again on the machine after I finish the handknit version.  At this rate I am doing more hand-knitting than machine knitting! 

No comments: